I was “tagged,” which we should all just openly acknowledge is our generation’s chain letter. I’m not opposed to pulling a bratty third grade “I’m NOT PLAYING!” when tagged, but feel more game today for some reason. So I’ll play cause I’m lonely in a hotel room. What, who wrote that last part?
- Post these rules
- You must post 11 random things about yourself
- Answer the questions set for you in the post you were tagged in
- Create 11 new questions for your tagees to answer
- Tag them on Twitter, Facebook or your blog
First step is 11 Random Facts about me.
1. I drink coffee before I run.
2. I have no desire to camp or sleep outside in any sort of tent. Ever. Don’t tell me stories about how awesome it is either, I’m not interested.
3. I was an enourmous wuss about getting shots before having my daughter. I actually almost fainted at our first OB appt when they drew blood (they had to give me a juicebox.) Now? It doesn’t faze me. In this case, having a kid has made me way tougher.
4. I am utterly too lazy to deal with the Sarah Jessica Parker (but really dark brown) crazy curly/frizzy mess my hair has become.
5. We’ve been parking our Jeep out in the driveway under a tree. I mean, if a big branch (or entire tree) fell on it, that’d be just fine. We’ll buy a new car soon, but if God wanted to hook us up with some insurance money? That’d be just dandy.
6. I don’t have cable or a DVR.
7. My summer job in college involved dressing up as a Hershey Kiss (sometimes a Reese’s) and having little New Yorker tourists hug me. It was pretty fun, as far as summer jobs go.
8. I’ve never had brain freeze. I’ve actually tried because… I don’t know. I’m just curious and feel like I should know what it feels like.
9. I don’t like cheesecake.
10. Or sushi.
11. I used to be totally into reality TV but have gotten over it. I now think it’s stupid.
Brandy’s Questions for me…
- Where do you buy most of your clothes? Gap usually (bc I’m a slave to their Rewards card and frequent sales.)
- What is your favorite drink recipe? Margaritas! Buy a mix, buy tequila, put your kid to sleep and drink lots.
- Describe your most memorable high school experience. Playing would-you-rather and passing notes (notes that still put me in stitches to read) instead of listening in class. Ah, our education system. Or, maybe meeting my husband would have been a good thing to put here. Anyway, a lot happened in 4 years so I debate the premise of this question.
- Is there a song that you always have to sing aloud every time? Sadly, most Whitney Houston songs. It’s been a rough week, in that regard. Not that I care that she died so much, but that her songs are EVERYWHERE and I’m like biting my tongue. It’s been so hard on ME.
- Do you prefer beach or mountains and why? Beach because it’s, um, better? Mountains are pretty, but I don’t think I’d want to spend a week there. I could live on a beach.
- Do you still hang out with any of your childhood friends? When we go home, I sure do! I’m lucky to have awesome friends from growing up.
- Coco Pebbles or Coco Krispies? I wasn’t actually aware these were two different things. So I guess neither. Not a big cereal fan.
- If you could meet one blogger (besides me of course), who would it be?
- If you were deserted on an island and could only have 3 beauty items, what would they be (not basic hygiene)? Does this mean make up and stuff? Because I’d be quite glad to not do any of that mess if I were on a deserted island. Count me way in on “letting myself go.” I’d love deodorant, sunscreen and toothpaste though.
- What is your favorite fancy coffee choice? Peppermint Mocha Latte. I “forget” to order it skinny so it’s REALLY good!
- When did you get your first cell phone? Summer of 2002, I felt I had held out for a while, until my 20 year old self judged that this fad was here to stay.
I have literally spent all day trying to get this out, in between conference sessions and eating and schmoozing… I’m pretty much giving up on the chain letter. If you’ve read all this and feel like it, consider yourself tagged.
*and I’m spent*